UN Photo by Sylvain Liechti
The key role of Regional UNDG Teams (formerly known as “Regional Directors Teams”) is to provide leadership, strategic guidance and support to Resident Coordinators (RCs) and UN Country Teams (UNCTs) for the achievement of country level results.
At the regional level, six Regional UNDG Teams play a critical role in driving the UNDG strategic priorities by supporting UN Country Teams with strategic priority setting, analysis and advice based on their four core functions:
- technical support to UN Country Teams
- quality assurance of UNDAFs
- performance management of Resident Coordinators
- troubleshooting in difficult country situations.
They provide reinforced support to UNCTs for strategic priority setting and addressing cross-fertilization of best practices among countries to ensure that UN operational activities are rendered to maximum effect and are consistently aligned with national priorities in areas of UN comparative advantage.
DOCO Regional Advisers
- Bradley Foerster – Team Leader and Regional Adviser: Arab States/MENA; Europe and Central Asia
- Sara Ferrer Olivella – Regional Adviser: Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean
- Frederik Matthys – Regional Adviser: Eastern and Southern Africa; Western and Central Africa
Regional UNDG Focal Points
- Liudmila Barcari – Regional Coordination Specialist: Europe and Central Asia
- Maria Guallar – Regional Coordination Adviser: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Andrea Cuzyova – Regional Coordination Specialist: Asia and the Pacific
- Varsha Redkar-Palepu – Regional Coordination Specialist: Arab States/MENA
- Mensah Aluka – Regional Coordination Specialist: Western and Central Africa
- Jacqueline Olweya – Regional Coordination Adviser: Eastern and Southern Africa